Friday, October 1, 2010

♥ Ramadhan 2010 just past. Wanna see the experience? ♥

.
ok so this post is going to be a late latee post but it's still fun to blog about! ;)
the Muslims just celebrated Ramadhan 1 Syawal 1431 H. 
I, celebrated the last week of Ramadhan and the Eid Al-Fitri at my home-country, Indonesia.
I brought along my Thai BF too to experience the joy.

short detail, - Ramadhan is the holiest of months in the Islamic calendar which happens during the lunar month of Ramadhan that precedes Eid Al-Fitr Lebaran, we as the Muslims feast and eat at night and Fast during the day from dawn to sunset.
and the Eid Al-Fitr is a three-day that marks the end of Ramadhan. 
at the eve of it, people in Indonesia usually do Takbir and playing with fireworks. 
and the next morning, mass prayers are held in mosques and large open areas around the country. 
traditionally, every family in Indonesia celebrated with the traditional dish called ketupat and visiting with family and friends. 
charity donations amal are traditionally given at this time. 
just prior to lebaran a mass exodus mudik from capital city of Jakarta of over 3 million people occurs as residents return to their villages to celebrate with family and friends. 
begging of forgiveness for any transgressions or slights in the past year is expressed during visits, Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin.

in Ramadhan, I decided to wear the headscarf or usually known as Hijab.
wanna see how I look on them? here it is..












and here's some other pictures of the holiday..


 Hney in front of the PADANG house from SUMATERA

 aren't the details of this house is AMAZING?! it's a BATAK house if I'm not mistaken..

 with my MOM and LIL SIST

 me attempting to climb at the tallest wooden house I've ever seen! it's a DAYAK house from KALIMANTAN by the way..

 this is at the EVE of Eid Al-Fitr

 hehee..

 this is how the MASS PRAYERS are.. I was praying at the MASJID RAYA BINTARO which just around my neighborhood

 I'm kinda all the way back caz I didn't came early

 food which are the HOT HOT HEAT. we Indonesians LOOVEE spicy food! TRUST ME even my BF which is THAI thinks Indonesians food are hoot...

 my family version of KETUPAT which we create into SOTO BANJAR. our traditional dish where we came from.

so, that's the experience. I hope the pictures are enjoyable to see ;)
MOHON MAAF LAHIR BATIN!!  I am sorry for all of my mistakes that I did and do..

love.love ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment