Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pampering vanity...

















It's the "Bildungsstreikwoche" in Germany. Translated into English : Germany's students and pupils are out and about demonstrating against the Bologne system ( mainly the "stressful" joint degree syst
em, the pitiful credit points' system) and the tution fees ( they are very high in some parts of Germany, in others they were abolished however)... I read that the biggest marches were held in Western and Northern Germany, where fees are the highest, we had only 10 000 out on the streets today here. The funny thing about that is, the majority of our more than 30 000 students are skipping and missing courses, because they claim to take part in the marches. Yesterday I sat in a course with 2 people only (me included), which was fun actually. One course was even blown off completely, the rest held in rather poor fashion...
I don't like all the slogans they are sporting. Some are wrong and can be
misunderstood, some ideas are completetly false. But all in all I do, naturally, support the protests. And...at least the sun's come out today.

Thanks to Angie ( again!) I survived both literary courses, handed in my response papers and can breathe more easily now. I do have one horrific appointment still- I have to compose my own Sonnet! Lecturer don't pamper students. This is something to protest about!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment